PC iZotope RX 8 Advanced Audio Editor v8.1.0
RX has long been the go-to audio repair and polishing suite for film, television, music, podcasts, video games, sample libraries, and more. With RX 8, we’ve created new tools and improved beloved modules to help you accomplish more in less time than ever.
The update includes a new Spectral Recovery to restore discarded frequencies in speech from compressed file formats, live-streams or remote calls, Guitar De-noise to control squeaks, buzz and pick sounds from guitar recordings, a newly engineered Music Rebalance algorithm for stem separation and mix tweaking, and lots more.
With version 8 we’ve added new features across the product lineup to speed up workflows and address new repair problems that plague today’s dialogue and music tracks. And we’ve also updated the Post Production Suite to include even more tools and value, making it the definitive choice for post production.
Changes in RX 8
- New: Spectral Recovery (Advanced Only) – Restores frequencies above 4 kHz, turning bandwidth-limited audio into clear, articulate recordings.
- New: Wow & Flutter (Advanced Only) – Corrects pitch variations and fluctuations associated with tape, vinyl and optical transfers. Use Wow to fix longer, sustained pitch drift, and Flutter to correct pitch variances that occur at faster rates.
- New: Loudness Control (Advanced and Standard) – Instantly load preset loudness targets and conform production audio to broadcast requirements in seconds, and monitor levels using the built-in numeric and history plot readouts for integrated, short-term, and momentary loudness.
- New: Guitar De-noise (Advanced and Standard) – Allows refining to guitar recordings for maximum clarity in seconds. Manage sounds that can unintentionally be emphasized by the effect of compression or limiting, like electrical amp noise and interference, distracting fret or string squeaks, and harsh pick attacks.
- New: 32 Audio Tab Limit (All Versions) – RX 8 doubles the previous 16-tab limit, now allowing users to view and edit up to 32 files within RX Audio Editor.
- New: Horizontal Scrolling (All Versions) – Horizontal scrolling is now built into the intuitive Spectrogram Display. Use the scroll gesture on a trackpad or mouse to scroll through your audio across the X-axis for lightning fast edits.
- Improved: Music Rebalance (Advanced and Standard) – Users can easily re-animate a mix, make room for scene dialogue in post, remove or isolate vocals for a remix, or even create and export new stems for further processing and mixing.
- Improved: Batch Processor (Advanced and Standard) – Process many files at a time, view pertinent metadata in your audio, then apply a full series of processors with Module Chain.
- Improved: De-Hum (All Versions) – Now features independent frequency reduction bands, and a redesigned, intuitive interface.
What is your favorite music genre?